Top award-winning SA comedian, Sifiso Nene, to showcase his latest comedy offering, BABY MAMA DRAMA 2, at the Lyric Theatre at Gold Reef City in Johannesburg next month
27 November 2021
Lyric Theatre, Johannesburg
He is one of SA’s most celebrated comedians and this November, Sifiso Nene is set to dazzle audiences in Johannesburg with the latest funny showcase, BABY MAMA DRAMA 2, which is guaranteed to deliver the comedy punches.
The Kwazulu-Natal-born stand-up comedian, actor and MC, is set to charm Gauteng comedy audiences at Lyric Theatre at Gold Reef City on Saturday 27 November 2021, with his infectious humour and relatable jokes.
As the title suggests, Nene will have no choice but to make fun about anything. So if you are in the mood for a good laugh, this is the show for you.
As if the Covid pandemic is not bad enough Nene still finds himself yet in another pandemic in the form of BABY MAMA DRAMA 2.
“I was not planning to do PART 2 of this show because I thought I had gone through all the possible BABY MAMA DRAMA on my first show six years ago. It turns out that I was very wrong. It got worse during the Covid-19 pandemic. Just the thought of it makes me want to cry. That’s why I have decided to vent in the best way I know how, on stage,” he shares.
Nene is no stranger in the comedy industry. He launched his career in 2009 when he won the first season of So You Think You Are Funny – which was a nationwide talent search for up and coming comedians on SABC1.
Since then, Nene has kept his winning streak alive, after winning the Comics Choice Awards in 2012 and 2013, in the Audience Choice category.
As the comedian’s latest comedy show title suggests, BABY MAMA DRAMA 2 puts a humorous twist to this somewhat well-known but seldom addressed problem which most people have found themselves in.
“Audiences are in for a treat and should expect to hear jokes delving into taxi drivers, politics, and much more. So whether you are someone who has baby mama drama, are dating someone who has baby mama drama, or are in fact the baby mama who has drama yourself, this show will have everyone in stitches ,” says Nene.
Tickets for this spectacular comedy experience can be purchased via Computicket at either www.computicket.com or via Checkers and Shoprite retail stores, countrywide, from for R200-R240 each.
Direct ticket bookings can be made here: https://tickets.computicket.com/event/baby_mama_drama_2_anotherpandemic/7176183/7176188/14848
For more details about Nene’s upcoming performance, visit www.sifisonene.com .
Social Media Links:
Facebook: Sifiso Nene The Comedian
MORE ABOUT SIFISO NENE:
- Sifiso Nene holds the title as the first winner of the SABC 1 reality TV show, So You Think You are Funny! in 2009.
- Originally from Durban, he moved to Johannesburg in 2006 with the intention of being a scriptwriter for the comedy show Pure Manatee Show. He was told that his writing was better suited to stand-up comedy so he embarked on a career in stand-up.
- In 2008, he entered the David Kau reality competition show So You Think You’re Funny! and after a 13-week process was voted as the winner, pocketing R100 000 for his efforts.
- His win on the show led to greater exposure for Sifiso and he landed a slot on Opening Guys, a reality show on Mzansi Magic hosted by Kagiso Lediga, in 2010.
- Following his win, Nene also hit the corporate market as an MC and presenter, and also performed at various comedy festivals across the country.
- In 2012, he won the Audience Choice Award at the 2nd Annual South African Comics Choice Awards, which is voted for by the public.
- Also in 2012, he joined the SABC1 youth talk show Mzansi Insider as a contributor and also starred in the David Kau film Taxi Ride as Bhakabhaka, a rude, funny and stubborn taxi driver who always carries a sjambok and is the best friend of Dlamini (played by Skhumba Hlophe).
- He reprised this role in the spin-off television series which aired on Mzansi Magic and Mzansi Wethu in 2013.