It’s funny how being in the digital industry has opened my eyes to what’s possible in the realm of blogging. Bloggers are increasingly more influential as they focus on new niches in the industry and it can only benefit the consumer.
Why are bloggers trend setters?
- They can build up a following in certain niche markets.
- Good content matters to advertisers as it creates better context for influential advertising/recommendation.
- Product reviews have more influence as bloggers are more ‘accessible’ (normal people) and this type of content is seen as friends’ recommendations.
- Bloggers (hopefully) give you their honest opinion / reviews about products and services.
- Bloggers are connected to the ‘guy/girl in the street’
- Bloggers get access to new products and services ahead of anyone else (as they build up reputation). This loop amplifies as they grow their following / traffic and get invited to more activation events. It creates exclusivity that increases readership.
- They write not because they have to, but because they want to. While this is an idealist’s view, I think it’s true for most high profile bloggers out there.